Welcome to Obergurgl University Center
A 55-year-old tradition of sports and science
The history of the University Center goes back to 1951, when three former customs buildings were converted for use by the Obergurgl federal Sports Center and Innsbruck University's Alpine Research Center.
That marked the beginning of a focus on sports and science with international participation. Famous mountain guides, ski instructors and researchers
worked here and made many major contributions to sports and science in the Alps.
Today's international center of sports, research and conferences still radiates this historical charm.